Monday, April 1, 2013

Adoption cards - Outreach

I am a social worker and work in the adoptions department.  My job is to search for relatives of CPS dependents and link them with family.  Even though I am not an Adoptions Social Worker, I have had the opportunity to be a part of a couple of adoption finalization's and it was amazing!  One of them was a relative that I assessed for placement of her relatives.  It was moving, and I was lucky to be a part of the start of her family.  They were family before, but now she is their legal mother.  I have been thinking about how positive that experience was, and I know that she had to jump through a lot of hoops to get to that point.  I thought that it would be nice to give a card that marks the special day.  I spoke with some of my crafting friends and asked if they wanted to help make cards for families that are adopting.

We met at our local crafting spot- Panera.  It was astounding how many cards I have!  Here are just some of them.

So far 110 cards and I am making 50 more.  Our agency has about over 100 adoptions a year and growing.

Here are a couple of cards that I am making:





Stay tuned for my friends cards.  I was impressed and very moved by their donations of supplies and time.

Also, most of the card bases for the cards were donated by Emi Nakagawa.  You can check out her blog here.  Thanks so much Emi!

No comments:

Post a Comment